Rancard Privacy and Data Protection Policy
1. Policy Scope
This Policy protects personal information collected from an identifiable individual on any of our apps or platforms directly or through third party interfaces that will enhance a user’s experience of our product and services and will enable us deliver on our promise. Personal information in this respect means any information about an identifiable individual, may include but not limited to the person’s business title or business contact information e.g business phone number and business address. Personal information does not include any information that cannot be associated with or tracked back to a specific individual.
2. Consumer Data Protection
Rancard is entrusted with the confidentiality of millions of peoples’ communications and for managing volumes of personal information. We continue to foster the trust and confidence of customers and employees in the way we handle their personal information and provide services.
This Policy concerns the handling of customer personal information, which includes the collection, storage, access, use, updating, disclosure, disposal, destruction or any other processing of such information. It is intended to provide a comprehensive set of rules for the management of customer personal information throughout the customer lifecycle, including exit
Rancard may collect and maintain information on individual Consumers (referred to as personal information above) reasonably required for its business purposes.
3. Types of Information We Collect and How We Use It
3.1 Information Clients Provide
When you create an account, use the Services, respond to surveys, request services or information, or contact us directly, we may ask you to provide some or all of the following types of information:
Account Information: We collect the following information when you create an account on one of the Sites:
When you register to use the Services with an email address, we collect your full name, company or organization name, email address and password you create.
When you register to use the Services with a third-party platform’s authentication mechanism, we collect your full name and an identifier associated with your account on the platform that is used for authentication.
When signing up for a paid plan, Rancard will also collect credit card information and use a third-party intermediary to manage credit card processing. This intermediary is not permitted to store, retain, or use your billing information except for the sole purpose of payment processing on Rancard’s behalf.
User Contacts. You may import your basic contact information from your email account in the course of using some of the Services. We do not collect the username and password for the email account you wish to import your contacts from.
Communications With Us. When you contact us inquire about the Services, request customer service or technical support, or request other information, we may collect your name, email address, phone number, mailing address or handle to a social media channel via which you contacted us for support.
Surveys. We may contact you to participate in online surveys. If you decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include Personal Information.
Automatic Data Collection. As is true of most web sites and mobile applications, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data, mobile device identifiers, and advertising identifiers. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We do not link this automatically-collected data to personal information.
3.2 Information Related to Data Collected for our Clients
Rancard provides customer relationship management and content discovery services to its clients, and collects and processes information under the direction of its clients. Rancard has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes.
3.3 Cookies and Tracking Technologies
Web Browser fingerprint. A web browser fingerprint is a unique identifier generated when you visit any of the Sites in order to deliver the experience promised in the Services. This fingerprint is stored in the browser local storage as well as in our platform providing our Services and is only used to identify you when you use the particular browser on the particular device on which the fingerprint was generated.
Local Storage. We use Local Storage (LS) such as HTML5 to store content information and preferences. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing such locally stored data.
4. How Rancard Uses the Information We Collect
We acquire, hold, use, and Process Personal Information for a variety of business purposes, to provide Services or Information Requested by Clients. Rancard may use Personal Information to provide the Service, fulfill requests for products, Services, or information, including information about potential or future Services.
- Administrative Purposes. Rancard may use Personal Information about you for its administrative purposes, including to:
- Measure interest in Rancard’s Services;
- Develop new products and Services;
- Ensure internal quality control;
- Verify individual identity;
- Operational purposes, such as account management and customer service;
- Process payment for products or services purchased;
- Process application transactions;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- Enforce our Terms of Service.
- Marketing Rancard Products and Services to Clients. Rancard may use Personal Information to provide you with information and offers on products, and Services that may be of interest, including new content or Services. You may contact us at any time to opt-out of the use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes, as further described below.
- Research and Development. Rancard may use Personal Information to create non-identifiable information that we may use alone or in the aggregate with information obtained from other sources, in order to help us to optimally deliver our existing products and Services or develop new products and Services.
- Anonymous and Aggregated Information Use. Rancard may use Personal Information and other information about you to create anonymized and aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the computer or device from which you access Rancard’s Services, or other analyses we create. Anonymized and aggregated information is used for a variety of functions, including the measurement of visitors’ interest in and use of various portions or features of the Services. Anonymized or aggregated information is not Personal Information, and Rancard may use such information in a number of ways, including research, internal analysis, analytics, and any other legally permissible purposes. We may share this information within Rancard and with Third Parties for our or their purposes in an anonymized or aggregated form that is designed to prevent anyone from identifying you.
- Sharing Content with Friends or Colleagues. Rancard’s Services may offer various tools and functionalities. For example, Rancard allows you to provide information about your friends through our recommendation services, such as “Rendezvous.” Our referral services may allow you to forward or share certain content with a friend or colleague, such as an email inviting your friend to use our Services. Email addresses or other contact information that you may provide for a friend or colleague will be used to send your friend or colleague the content or link you request, but will not be collected or otherwise used by Rancard or any other Third Parties for any other purpose.
- Other Uses. Rancard may use Personal Information for which we have a legitimate interest, such as direct marketing, individual or market research, anti-fraud protection, or any other purpose disclosed to you at the time you provide Personal Information or with your consent.
5. Data Transfers
We may store all Personal Information we collect anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, in the United States, in the cloud, on our servers, on the servers of our affiliates or the servers of our service providers.
6. Data Retention
Rancard will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you Services. We will also retain personal data we process on behalf of our clients for as long as needed to provide Services to our client. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
7. How Rancard Shares the Information We Collect
- Vendors and Service Providers. We may share Personal Information we receive with vendors and service providers only as necessary to provide the Services to us. The types of service providers (processors) to whom we entrust Personal Information include service providers for: (i) provision of IT and related services; (ii) provision of information and services you have requested; (iii) payment processing; (iv) customer service activities; and (v) in connection with the provision of the Sites. Rancard has executed appropriate contracts with the service providers that prohibit them from using or sharing Personal Information except as necessary to perform the contracted services on our behalf or to comply with applicable legal requirements.
- Business Partners. Rancard may share Personal Information with our business partners, and affiliates for our and our affiliates’ internal business purposes or to provide you with a product or service that you have requested. Rancard may also provide Personal Information to business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services we believe may be of interest to you. In such cases, our business partner’s name will appear, along with Rancard. Rancard requires our affiliates and business partners to agree in writing to maintain the confidentiality and security of Personal Information they maintain on our behalf and not to use it for any purpose other than the purpose for which Rancard provided them.
- User Testimonials. We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com
- Interest-Based Advertising and Third Party Marketing. Rancard may allow third-party advertising partners to set tracking tools (e.g., cookies) to collect information regarding your activities (e.g., your IP address, page(s) visited, time of day). We may also share such we have collected with Third-Party advertising partners. These advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other websites) for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements to you when you visit non-Rancard related websites within their networks. This practice is commonly referred to as “interest-based advertising” or “online behavioral advertising. We may allow access to other data collected by the Site to facilitate transmittal of information that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you. If you prefer that we do not share your Personal Information with Third-Party advertising partners, you may opt-out of such sharing at no cost as described below.
- Disclosures to Protect Us or Others (e.g., as Required by Law and Similar Disclosures). We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information, other Account information, and content if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (i) comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) respond to your requests; (iii) protect yours’, ours’ or others’ rights, property, or safety; (iv) to enforce Rancard policies or contracts; (v) to collect amounts owed to Rancard; (vi) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (vii) if we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable.
8. Rights of Access, Rectification, Erasure, and Restriction
- Clients. You can modify, update, or delete your account information at any time within the product settings or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may inquire as to whether Rancard is processing personal information about you, request access to personal information, and ask that we correct, amend or delete your Personal Information where it is inaccurate by contacting us at email@example.com. Please include your full name, email address associated with your account, Rancard products that you use, and a detailed description of your data request. Such requests will be processed in line with local laws. We will respond to any requests for access to personal information within 30 days.
- Data Controlled by Clients. We process information at the direction of our clients. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete data that is processed by Rancard for its client should direct his query to the Rancard client (the data controller). If the client requests Rancard to remove the data, we will respond to their request within 30 business days.
It is important to us that we only collect, use or disclose your personal information which is not publicly available, where we have your consent to do so. Depending on the sensitivity of the personal information, your consent may be implied,(using an opt-out mechanism) or expressed. Where expressed consent can be given orally, electronically or in writing. Implied consent may be inferred reasonably from your action or inaction.
We will typically seek your consent at the time that we collect the personal information. In certain circumstances, your consent may be obtained after collection but prior to its use or disclosure. If we plan to use or disclose your personal information for a purpose not previously identified, we will advise you of this purpose before such use or disclosure.
You may change or withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, by contacting Rancard. Withdrawal or change of consent in most cases may extremely limit our ability to provide products or services to you.
Where applicable legal and regulatory requirements permits us to do so, we may collect, use or disclose your personal information without your knowledge or consent but in such circumstances only limited to what is permissible.
10. Choice to Opt-Out
i. Click the unsubscribe button on the service/product or app you are signed up to
ii. Send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Business Transactions